HOME navbar photo NewHOME.jpg  photo NewWEBSHOP.jpg PROJECTS navbar photo NewPROJECTS.jpg ART navbar photo NewART.jpg LIFE navbar photo NewLIFE.jpg CONTACT navbar photo NewCONTACT.jpg

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Red Brick Group Show

A wise sage once said that if you wish to make a living baking bread, don't open a bakery. If you do, you will be making a living running a bakery instead, and that is a very different kettle of fish indeed. You will have to pay someone else to bake bread because you won't have time yourself and there will be no bread-baking joy there at all!
 This is a fairly obvious statement, however once it was a revelation to me and mulling that comment over made me really THINK about what it actually was in life that I enjoyed doing the absolute most!
The answer seemed obvious at first, I love to create stuff, to draw and make and to teach. One might have thought combining these things would equate to the perfect job, but after several years of teaching my first passion of ceramics did a great job of killing that joy for me. The last thing I wanted to do at the end of a day in the studio was work with clay!
So I got to thinking, what do I REALLY love to do? The answer is clear. I love to talk. I love to meet new people, form new connections, share the things I love with others and be inspired in return. I love beautiful objects, handmade with love, I love meeting the people behind theses creations, forming collaborations and connecting people to make wonderful, creative things happen!
And so, I have set about making Red Brick blossom. I work with a really amazing woman who is as passionate about the arts as I am and we have combined our talents to try and make something special happen, create a space which is creative, and welcoming, and most importantly a hub to help connect all those exciting and talented spokes that we meet along the way.

Anyway, to cut to the chase I am proud to announce the inaugural Red Brick group Show! Our first show to pool the collective creativity of our region and beyond. An opportunity to celebrate what can happen when we come together, new bonds to forge, new relationships to build, new ideas to share. How terribly exciting and fun! I can't wait until the opening on Friday at 6pm, to celebrate all that is great and creative about Ballarat!
We have many more events like this in the pipeline, in many different formats but all with the aim of give art a home in Ballarat, and I can't wait to meet you there!
-Steph