HOME navbar photo NewHOME.jpg  photo NewWEBSHOP.jpg PROJECTS navbar photo NewPROJECTS.jpg ART navbar photo NewART.jpg LIFE navbar photo NewLIFE.jpg CONTACT navbar photo NewCONTACT.jpg

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Floral Friday 3.

In this weeks installment of Floral Friday I will be showing you how to use florists foam.
Readily available from florist suppliers and craft shops, this soft, crumbly foam comes in blocks you can cut easily with a knife.
To begin, cut a piece of foam to size and sit in a container of water to soak. the foam will act as a wick and keep your stems moist. Pop it into your container and top up with water.

 

I cut the flowers to short lengths using scissors and, beginning in the center of the foam, pushed the stem of the flower into the foam.
Working downwards in a circle I continued to push the flowers into the foam building a dome shape.
 

This type off arrangement looks great in multiples or I pushed a cute birthday candle into the foam to make a sweet table centerpiece for a birthday. 
I hope you have enjoyed this little series as much as I have, I'm now hooked on flowers and plan to have them on my desk in the shop all winter long.
X StephFollow Me on Pinterest